Dr. Johannes Többen received his PhD from the University of Groningen, The Netherlands, in 2017 for his dissertation on the regional economic impacts of the national energy- and climate policy in Germany. Afterwards, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Industrial Ecology Programme of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway.
After graduating in Economics (Dipl. Vw 2011) from University of Osnabrück, Johannes worked as a Researcher at the Institute of Energy and Climate Research of Forschungszentrum Jülich until 2016 in the Group for Systems’ Analysis and Technology Evaluation.
His research interests are particularly the interrelations regional and global environmental-economic developments in the context of climate change and globalization.
Since 2019, Johannes works at the Energy and Climate division of GWS and holds a postdoc position at the FutureLab – Social Metabolism & Impacts at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research.
Projects of Johannes Többen
For this member are no projects available.
Publications of Johannes Többen
- Koks, E., Pant, R., Husby, T. G., Többen, J. & Oosterhaven, J. (2019): Modelling disasters multiregionally – current advances and best practices. In: Rose, A. & Okuyama, Y., Modeling Spatial and Economic Impacts of Disasters – New Edition. Springer, forthcoming.
- Oosterhaven, J. & Többen, J. (2019): On the sensitivity of disaster impact estimates for fixed ratio assumptions. In: Rose, A. & Okuyama, Y.: Modeling Spatial and Economic Impacts of Disasters – New Edition. Springer, forthcoming.
- Moran, D. D., Kanemoto, K., Jiborn, M., Wood, R., Többen, J. & Seto, K. C. (2018): Carbon footprints of 13,000 cities. Environmental Research Letters 13(6).
- Többen, J. & Schröder, T. (2018): A maximum entropy approach to the estimation of spatially and sectorally disaggregated electricity load curves. Applied Energy 225, pp. 797–813.
- Többen, J., Wiebe, K. S., Verones, F., Wood, R. & Moran, D. D. (2018): A novel maximum entropy approach to hybrid monetary-physical supply-chain modelling and its application to biodiversity impacts of palm oil embodied in consumption. Environmental Research Letters 13(11).
- Wiebe, K. S., Bjelle, E. L., Többen, J. & Wood, R. (2018): The trade-off between fossil fuel and metal dependency of Europe – implementing exogenous scenarios in an MRIO. Journal of Economic Structures 7(1), Springer, Heidelberg, pp. 1–18.
- Heinrichs, H. U., Schumann, D., Vögele, S., Biß, K. H., Shamon, H., Markewitz, P., Többen, J., Gillessen, B., Gotzens, F. & Ernst, A. (2017): Integrated Assessment of a Phase-out of Coalfired Power Plants in Germany. Energy 126, pp. 285–305.
- Oosterhaven, J. & Többen, J. (2017): Wider economic impacts of heavy flooding in Germany: a nonlinear programming approach. Spatial Economic Analysis, 12(4), pp. 404–428.
- Többen, J. (2017): On the Simultaneous Estimation of Physical and Monetary Commodity Flows. Economic Systems Research 29(1), pp. 1–24.
- Többen, J. (2017): Regional Net Impacts and Social Distribution Effects of Promoting Renewable Energies in Germany. Ecological Economics 13, pp. 195–208.
- Schulte in den Bäumen, H., Többen, J. & Lenzen, M. (2015): Labour forced Impacts and Production losses due to the 2013 flood in Germany. Journal of Hydrology 527, pp. 142–150.
- Többen, J. & Kronenberg, T. H. (2015): Construction of Multi-Regional Input–Output Tables using the CHARM Method. Economic Systems Research. 27(4), pp. 487–507.