Maximilian Banning studied economics at the Westfälische Wilhelms-University Münster which he graduated as Master of Science in 2017. At the centre of his studies were econometrics and empirical economics as well as microeconomics.
In his master thesis, he examined the consequences of externalities and analysed the economic markets of digital platforms under competition economic criteria.
Since August 2017 Maximilian Banning is working at both, the GWS’s department for Economic and Social Affairs and at the department of Energy and Climate.
Business Cycle, Economic Activities and International Trade
Renewable Energy Policy
Projects of Maximilian Banning
- Sectoral analysis and forecasting
- The Socio-Economic Impacts of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in Egypt: Local, Value, Employment and Capacity Building
- Prioritization and assessment of value-chains within the Renewable Energy Sector in Lebanon
- Reconsidering the Role of Energy and Resource Productivity for Economic Growth, and Developing Policy Options for Capping Macro-Level Rebound Effects
- Analysis of German exports and imports of technology goods for the use of renewable energy and other energy technology goods
- Energy-economy modelling with renewable energy scenarios
- Policy advice for climate-resilient economic development
Publications of Maximilian Banning
- Banning, M. & Lutz, C. (2019): Rebound effects in macroeconomic models - Approaches to cover and reproduce. Working Report 2 of the research project ReCap.
- Lange, S., Banning, M., Berner, A., Kern, F., Lutz, C., Peuckert, J., Santarius, T. & Silbersdorff, A. (2019): Economy-Wide Rebound Effects: State of the art, a new taxonomy, policy and research gaps. Arbeitsbericht 1 des Forschungsprojekts ReCap.
- Lehr, U. & Banning, M. (2018): Développement économique local grâce à des projets axés sur les énergies renouvelables en Algérie. GWS Research Report 2018/6, Osnabrück.
- Lehr, U., Banning, M., Hegazi, A. & Youssef, A. (2017): The Socio-Economic Impacts of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in Egypt Local Value and Employment. A publication of the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) in cooperation with the GIZ project RE-Activate.